In general, the levoit core 300 is not better than the levoit lv-h132 by much but it out performs in terms of performance, effective range of operation and extra special features. It is on this note that the levoit core 300 is our winner for this comparison. We do encourage you to still read through this levoit core 300 vs lv-h132 article to understand exactly why the levoit core 300 is our pick for this comparison.
The levoit lv-h132 is still a good budget friendly option that out performs most air purifiers on the market.
Break Down of the Levoit core 300 vs lv-h132
In this levoit core 300 vs lv-h132 comparison, we list their features below and give you our analysis of each feature. We use this style so that you understand how they compare against each other feature-wise.
The levoit lv-h132 comes packed with a pre-filter that has real carbon pellets that serve the function of absorbing odor while the levoit core 300 uses a high grade Granular activated Carbon coated filter.
The levoit core 300 further comes equipped with the option to customize its filters according to different environments while the levoit lv-h132 comes with a standard non-customizable filter. What this means for the core 300 is that you can get filters specifically for mold, toxins or pet allergies.
Though most people say that the real carbon pellets in the levoit lv-h132 do a better job at filtering the air, I still think the levoit core 300 has an all-round better performance at filtering the air.
For this round, the levoit core 300 is the winner here.
The Levoit lv-h132 circulates room air over 4 times per hour to achieve rapid air purification while the levoit core 300 purifies room air over 5 times per hour. The levoit core 300 therefore purifiers air better and faster than its counterpart the levoit lv-h132.
The levoit lv-h132 has a clean air delivery rate of 40 CFM while the core 300 has a clean air delivery rate of 135+ CFM which makes it a far better air purifier in terms of performance and ability.
Both the levoit core 300 and levoit lv-h132 air purifiers are equipped with 3 stage filtration system that is state of the art. It contains the standard parts of most 3 stage filtration systems i.e. a pre-filter, a hepa filter and a carbon filter. This guarantees that most air borne particles even those as small as 0.3 microns will be removed. Pollen, mold spores and smoke particles are also part of the contaminants that are easily removed from the air.
Both the core 300 and lv-h132 both score equal points here.
At its lowest speed, the Levoit lv-h132 has a noise level of 25dB compared to a noise level of 24dB of the levoit core 300. While at its highest speed, the levoit lv-h132 has a noise level of 46 dB and the levoit core 300 has a noise level of 50dB.
For the noise level, I would say the levoit core 300 is still a slightly quieter air purifier and will definitely guarantee a good night’s sleep.
The levoit lv-h132 air purifier is designed to operate in smaller rooms or office spaces of about 129 sq. feet (12 sq. metre). On the other hand, the levoit core 300 has an operating space of 219 sq. feet. This makes it quite clear that the levoit core 300 out performs its counterpart the levoit lv-h132.
Looking at the levoit lv-h132, it has a sleek design and unique size that makes it a good fit for small rooms like offices. The levoit core 300 is a bit similar in shape and sleekness but it is bigger in size. This makes it a bit less portable than the lv-h132. Portability is usually a plus for most people that like moving around with their gadgets.
The levoit lv-h132 also comes in two colors i.e. black and white. This means you can put your homes design into consideration by picking a color that suits it.
For its nice compact design, portability and dual color options, the levoit lv-h132 takes the win.
Multiple Settings / Control Panel
The levoit core 300 has a richer control panel than the levoit lv-h132. Though, the lv-h132 has night light installed on it that is not available on the levoit core 300. This night light makes it easier to use in a child’s room or parts of the house that may need extra light.
Both the levoit lv-h132 and core 300 have a check filter indicator that issues a reminder when you need to replace your filter.
The levoit core 300 does offer extra features on its control panel that are not available on the lv-h1132 like;
- Timer: this function allows you to set the purifier to auto shut off after 2, 4, or 8 hours.
- Sleep mode: this is so that you can operate the purifier at night without any major disturbances to your sleep
- Display lock: acts a child lock that stops settings from being unintentionally changed
None of these levoit air purifiers use UV light that produces harmful ozone and secondary pollution. If air purifiers are producing ozone in your home then they are not doing their job.
The pollutants are removed from the air but never leave the room. This means they are not captured in the filter of the air purifiers. They instead fall to the floor or on walls and can easily be reintroduced into the air. You can find out more about ozone at the EPA website.
Both the levoit core 300 and levoit lv-h132 get a plus on this one.
The Levoit lv-h132 has a power consumption of about 28W while the levoit core 300 has a power consumption of about 45W. With a power consumption difference of over 15W, the levoit lv-h132 consumes way less power than its counterpart the core 300.
The lv-h132 is a good option for users who are very cautious about their utility bills but are still interested in a decent purifier that the gets the job done.
Conclusion of levoit core 300 vs lv-h132
In this match up of the levoit core 300 vs lv-h132, our clear winner is the levoit core 300. This is because it offers better performance, customizable filters, more control panel options and is very effective in small to medium sized rooms.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Does the levoit core 300 come in different colors like the levoit lv-h132?
No it is does not. The core 300 comes in one standard white color while the lv-h132 comes in both black and white.
Are the control panels on the levoit lv-h132 and the levoit core 300 the same?
No, they are not. The lv-h132 has 5 options on its control panel while the core 300 has 9 options on its control panel.
I have children who like tinkering with my gadgets at home. Do these purifiers have some kind of child lock?
The core 300 has a display lock can act as a child lock as well.
Can't I rinse the filter off instead of buying a new one?
No, please do not use any form of liquid to clean or rinse the filters. This can lead to permanent damage of the filters. You can instead vacuum the filters or shake off any dust.
Do both the levoit core 300 and levoit lv-h132 have h13 true Hepa filters?
Yes, they do.
Is the levoit lv-h132 the same size as the levoit core 300?
No, they are not the same size. The levoit core 300 is 8.7 x 8.7 x 14.2 while the levoit lv-h132 is 8.5 x 8.5 x 14.5 in
- 5 Best Air Purifiers with Permanent Filters
- 5 Best Air Purifiers For Resin Printing
- 5 Best Air Purifiers for Eczema
- 5 Best Air Purifier For Lung Disease
- 5 Best Air Purifiers for Pot Smokers
- Best Air Purifier for Construction Dust. Our Top 5 picks
- Best Air Purifier For Guinea Pigs
- Best Air Purifier under $200
- Best Air Purifier for Bathroom
- Best Air Purifier For Smoke Under $100
- Best Air Purifier for Wood Smoke. Our Top 5 Picks
- Best Air Purifier for Hotel Room
- Best Air Purifier for Office Desk
- Best Air Purifier for Basement
- 5 best air purifier for farts
- 5 Best Air Purifiers with White Noise
- 5 Best air purifiers for gym.
- Best air purifier for open floor plan. (Top 5)
- Best Air Purifier for Dorm Room
- Best air purifier for kitchen smells
- Best Air Purifier for Nail Salon
- Levoit vital 100 vs lv-pur131. Which levoit should you pick?
- Coway Airmega 300 vs 400. Which Airmega is better?
- Levoit core 300 vs P350. Which levoit core is better?
- Best air purifier for traffic pollution. Our guide to clean air
- Best air purifier for vocs and formaldehyde
- Best air purifier for bird owners. A Complete Guide
- Best Air Purifier For Litter Box Smell. (5 Top picks)
- Blueair 121 vs 211+. Which blueair stands out?
- Best air purifier for mold and mildew
- The best whole house air purifier. Our top 5 picks
- Best air purifier for baby room. (The Top 5)
- Winix 6300-2 vs 5500-2. A guide to which is better
- Levoit Vista 200 vs Lv-h132. What should you consider ?
- Winix C555 vs 5500-2. Which to choose and why?
- Coway ap-1512hh vs Winix 5500-2.
- Winix hr900 vs 5500-2. A Complete Comparison
- Dyson dp01 vs dp04. Which Is Better for You?
- GermGuardian ac4825 vs ac4300.
- Dyson Tp01 vs Tp04. A Complete Comparison
- Levoit core 300 vs vista 200. A Levoit Purifier Review
- Dyson hp02 vs hp04. Which one is better?
- Winix 5500-2 vs 5300-2. Which air purifier is best for you?
- Winix c545 vs c555. Which is the better option?