You can never be sure about the state of the air you breathe in. Not with all the tiny small dirt particles floating around in the air. There is a high chance that the air within your house or apartment is polluted, even more than outdoor air. Because of this you need an air purifier you can trust, Dyson has got you covered with the air purifiers Dyson tp01 and tp04. Let’s get into the dyson tp01 vs tp04 comparison and find out which purifier will best suit you purifying needs.
Between the Dyson tp01 and tp04, you will notice a number of similarities and differences, but we hope at the end of this review, you will make the best choice on which air purifier to buy for your home, office or apartment.
Summary of the Dyson tp01 vs tp04
If you are looking for a pocket-friendly air purifier, then the Dyson tp01 is worth a try. With a good number of ratings on Amazon, you can trust that the Dyson tp01 has been tried and tested by a variety of users. Its airflow capacity is over the roof with airflow of 434 liters per second. The dyson tp01 also includes a HEPA filter that removes up to 99.97 percent of pollutants in the air. The TP01 is not only an air purifier but it also comes with an inbuilt cooling fan. You can be sure that with the dyson TP01, you will be getting yourself an allergy friendly and asthma certified air purifier.
The Dyson tp04 is the better match, with wireless capability that enables it to be monitored and controlled remotely from anywhere. This is possible with the help of the Dyson Link app, which we talk about in more detail in our special features section below. Furthermore, the Dyson tp04 not only has the HEPA filter, but an added Carbon filter that deals with chemical vapors and odors. With up to 350 degree of oscillation, the Dyson tp04 directs airflow where you need it. It also includes voice control assistant compatibility (which we will explain in detail later on) to help you control the purifier without having to use the Dyson link app or remote control. If you don’t mind paying a bit more money, then the Dyson tp04 is worth it.
Main differences between the Dyson tp01 and tp04
The rate at which an air purifier takes in air determines the time it will take to clean the air around your house or apartment. When it comes to airflow capacity, the Dyson tp01 is better; it purifies 434 liters of air per second. On the other hand, the Dyson tp04 purifies 361 liters of air per second.
The Dyson tp01 doesn’t support wireless connectivity but it comes with an external remote-control device which is powered by batteries. On the other hand, the Dyson tp04, in addition to the external remote-control, can also be controlled with and monitored by the help of the Dyson link app. The application comes with a Graphical User interface with multiple usability functionalities which allow for a vast number of features and support tools that ease the user’s experience. We expound more on these tools in the special features section.
In addition to the HEPA filter which traps all fine particles in air, the Dyson tp04 has the Carbon filter. This specifically purifies air from chemical vapors like in cigarettes, any pet or flatulence (fart) odors, VOCs and gasses or other smells. The Dyson tp01, unfortunately, doesn’t have a Carbon filter but only has the HEPA filter.
The LCD Display
The LCD is found on the Dyson tp04. It shows different statuses and live air quality reports for your home or apartment. It also shows you how much filter life is remaining for both the HEPA and Carbon filters. This can help you to plan appropriately in regards to when you want to replace the filters.
Although you can see these real-time reports on the LCD, the Dyson tp04 is also compatible with the Dyson link app which also shows the same reports. The app makes it easier to monitor and view the reports on a bigger smartphone screen.
Main similarities between the Dyson tp01 and tp04
Both the Dyson tp01 and tp04 take on a large form factor and a tower shape with curved edges. They are mostly effective for larger rooms. One should be cautious, however, when it comes to handling these air purifiers so as to avoid damages by dropping it on the floor.
The HEPA filter
The Dyson tp01 and tp04 have an inbuilt HEPA filter, which mainly purifies air by removing any fine and tiny particles which are existent in the air. These tiny particles may not be so visible to the naked eye. It is able to do this by passing air through a fine mesh which traps harmful particles which include dust mites, external pollen, and pet dandruff etc. It removes 99.97% of pollutants and allergens as small as 0.3 microns.
To add to the filtering, with the help of a HEPA filter, both the Dyson tp01 and tp04 come with a fan. The fan is integrated in the Dyson tower design. You can choose between Fan mode for direct cooling with your choice of 0 to 350° oscillation (for the Dyson tp04) and 0 to 70° (for the Dyson tp01).
Air Multiplier technology
To add to the ability to purify air in a room, both the Dyson tp04 and tp01 can spread clean air throughout a room. With this technology, these Dyson air purifiers are able to project 77 gallons of cleaner air per second. This means your room will quickly be filled with purified air in reasonable time.
Multiple fan speeds
Both the Dyson tp04 and tp01 can be adjusted between 10 different fan speed settings. For higher fan speeds, the purification process is made quicker and for lower fan speeds, it is made slower. This gives owners of these devices more flexibility in how you want it to operate.
Supportive online community and Customer care
The Dyson manufacturing company provides its users with online support in the shortest time possible. In addition to that, there are authentic spare parts available on the market like chargers and purifiers, just in case a user needs to upgrade. This makes the Dyson tp01 and tp04 reliable purifiers.
Special features of the Dyson tp01
Portable remote control
The Dyson tp01 is controlled with the help of a portable manual remote control with a direct and easy-to-use interface. Even with the limitations of the remote control, users are still able to use it to control and manage the air quality of their homes.
Dyson TP01 Pros
1. Pocket-friendly price: The Dyson tp01 initial purchase price is fairly affordable.
2. Certified Asthma and Allergy friendly
3. Air Multiplier technology
Dyson TP01 Cons
1. Not compatible with the Dyson link app: The Dyson tp01 cannot be remotely controlled with the Dyson Link app, and doesn’t connect to wireless internet. This makes it lose out on a lot of useful functions which come with the application.
2. Not compatible with voice commands: Since it is does not support Wi-Fi connectivity, the Dyson tp01 is not compatible with voice control options like Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa or Siri.
3. No backward air floor mode: You are supposed to position your air filter facing the correct side.
4. It does not have air quality reporting
5. No night mode functionality
6. No auto mode functionality
7. Maintenance expenses: There is a constant need to change the air filter, and the continued maintenance can mean to be costly. The average price of an air filter can go for almost $80, and users are advised to change air filters per year.
Special features of the Dyson tp04
The Dyson link application
The application can be downloaded for Android or iOS. For control and easy management of your Dyson tp04 air purifier, the app makes your work so much easier.
The Dyson Link application gives you more information and options that enable you to do the following;
- See the current indoor and outdoor pollution levels
- Schedule purification based on your program for the day.
- It shows you the hours of filter life you have left
- Reports on air quality
- Purchase a new filter from a trusted supplier within the application
Voice control commands
With simple spoken instructions, you can control your Dyson tp04. It is compatible with Amazon’s Alexa, Google Assistant and Siri from Apple.
High tech sensors
The Dyson tp04 has sensors which enable it to detect air quality levels and automatically show reports on the small LCD display of the purifier. These reports include whatever atmospheric air changes have been noticed ranging from small particles to gasses and vapor pollutants within the room’s atmosphere.
So as to optimize your air cleaning experience, the Dyson tp04 enables you to switch between several user modes. These include:
Night Mode: It monitors air floor quality with quiet airflow settings and a dim display. It works best during night time, just like its name. You can customize your Night mode settings in the Dyson Link app.
Diffused Mode: In this mode, the Dyson tp04 purifies air without cooling it. It diverts airflow backwards to only purify the air without cooling it.
Auto Mode: Here, the Dyson tp04 adjusts the speed according to the air quality in the room. If you turn on auto-mode, the intelligent sensors of your purifier will adjust its speed according to the quality of the air.
Fan Mode: It projects air flow to your preferred direction. If you want to change the angle in which you want the air to be projected, there is a button in the app to help you adjust the purifier accordingly.
Dyson TP04 Pros
1. Wi-Fi enabled: The wireless ability helps it connect to the Dyson link app, which allows for real-time air reports and also controlling the air purifier remotely.
2. Backward airflow mode: This mode purifies air without cooling. It does this by projecting air through the back of the machine while still purifying the air.
3. Compatible with voice assistants like Siri and Alexa
4. Certified Asthma and Allergy friendly
5. Air Multiplier technology
Dyson TP04 Cons
1. High purchase price: The Dyson tp04 is relatively expensive and this can be a bit disadvantageous for potential customers who are on tight budget.
2. Expensive maintenance fees: The Dyson tp04 requires a yearly change of its air filter. The continued purchase can frustrate a buyer.
Dyson tp01 Vs tp04: Which one is better?
To clearly distinguish between the functionalities and usability of each Air purifier, we have designed a table of the Dyson tp01 Vs Dyson tp04 features. Here where we match features of the dyson tp01 vs tp04, and find out who has what when it comes to the specifications.
|Dyson tp01||Dyson tp04|
|Maximum Airflow capacity||434 liters per second||361 liters per second|
|Weight||7.9 pounds||10.89 pounds|
|Dimensions||7.7 x 7.7 x 40.1 inches||8.77 x 8.77 x 41.49 inches|
|Degree of Oscillation||70||350|
|Dyson Link app compatibility||No||Yes|
|Manual remote-control compatibility||Yes||Yes|
|Suggested room size||Large||Large|
|Backward airflow mode||No||Yes|
|Air Quality reporting||No||Yes|
|Height||40 inches||41.5 inches|
|Voice command options||N/A||Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa and Apple Siri|
Conclusion: Dyson tp01 vs tp04
Finally, for the dyson tp01 vs tp04, putting the pricing of the individual air purifiers aside, the Dyson tp04 is more advanced with smart sensors, more features and Wi-Fi capability. This means operating it will be seamlessly convenient.
We choose the Dyson tp04 for this match up. This is because it offers way more and gives the user cutting-edge functionalities. From the compatibility with wireless technology and the ability to monitor the air purifier from anywhere in the world, the Dyson tp04 is a definitely easy to use device. The many usability modes like the Auto and Night mode, both of which the Dyson tp01 lacks, makes it is easy for the user to customize and automate their experience, so they will not have to walk to the device to manually adjust controls after a stressful day.
But let us not forget, not everyone is willing to dig that deep into their pocket. And not everyone is into fancy extra features. So if you want something basic and affordable, that works and comes from a trusted manufacturer, then the Dyson tp01 is not a bad option.
Frequently Asked Questions about the Dyson tp01
Q: Does the Dyson tp01 also work as an air conditioner?
A: No. The Dyson tp01 is an air purifier not an air cooler.
Q: How do I see the air quality status with the Dyson tp01?
A: Since the Dyson tp01 purifier doesn’t have a LCD display or Dyson link app, you cannot see the air quality status. However, you can feel the difference in the air when in the room.
Q: How is the experience of using the Dyson tp01 with the manual remote control?
A: You have to be in range so as to run the Dyson tp01 with your remote control. This can get a little bit inconveniencing especially if you are busy engaged in some other part of the room.
Frequently Asked Questions about the Dyson tp04
Q: How often should the filter be replaced?
A: A Dyson tp04 filter should be replaced once a year if it runs 12 hours per day purifying the air.
Q: What can I do to ensure that my filter lasts as long as possible?
A: To make sure that your filter hours do not get depleted quickly, use auto-mode. This mode detects the nature of air quality and gets turned on automatically. So it is only turned on when it needs to purify the air in the room. Ensure to use your Dyson Link app because it can alert you on when your filter needs to be changed.
Q: How much does the Dyson tp04 replacement filter cost?
A: The Dyson tp04 filter costs go for over $50. Please check on amazon to find the latest price
- Best Air Purifier for Construction Dust. Our Top 5 picks
- Best Air Purifier For Guinea Pigs
- Best Air Purifier under $200
- Best Air Purifier for Bathroom
- Best Air Purifier For Smoke Under $100
- Best Air Purifier for Wood Smoke. Our Top 5 Picks
- Best Air Purifier for Hotel Room
- Best Air Purifier for Office Desk
- Best Air Purifier for Basement
- 5 best air purifier for farts
- 5 Best Air Purifiers with White Noise
- 5 Best air purifiers for gym.
- Best air purifier for open floor plan. (Top 5)
- Best Air Purifier for Dorm Room
- Best air purifier for kitchen smells
- Best Air Purifier for Nail Salon
- Levoit vital 100 vs lv-pur131. Which levoit should you pick?
- Coway Airmega 300 vs 400. Which Airmega is better?
- Levoit core 300 vs P350. Which levoit core is better?
- Best air purifier for traffic pollution. Our guide to clean air
- Best air purifier for vocs and formaldehyde
- Best air purifier for bird owners. A Complete Guide
- Best Air Purifier For Litter Box Smell. (5 Top picks)
- Blueair 121 vs 211+. Which blueair stands out?
- Best air purifier for mold and mildew
- The best whole house air purifier. Our top 5 picks
- Best air purifier for baby room. (The Top 5)
- Winix 6300-2 vs 5500-2. A guide to which is better
- Levoit Vista 200 vs Lv-h132. What should you consider ?
- Winix C555 vs 5500-2. Which to choose and why?
- Coway ap-1512hh vs Winix 5500-2.
- Winix hr900 vs 5500-2. A Complete Comparison
- Dyson dp01 vs dp04. Which Is Better for You?
- GermGuardian ac4825 vs ac4300.
- Levoit core 300 vs lv-h132. Which one is better?
- Levoit core 300 vs vista 200. A Levoit Purifier Review
- Dyson hp02 vs hp04. Which one is better?
- Winix 5500-2 vs 5300-2. Which air purifier is best for you?
- Winix c545 vs c555. Which is the better option?