Bathrooms are usually the first place we visit in the morning and the last place before bed. This means they are very important places in our lives. However, at times these bathrooms may become a source of indoor air pollution.
Shower-heads and sewer systems can make a perfect environment for bacteria growth. Besides, due to the moist conditions in bathrooms molds can grow behind walls. In addition, the cleaning materials we use to clean the bathrooms emit volatile organic compounds (VOCs). All these can make your bathroom smelly.
The good thing is that you can control your bathroom air quality with a good air purifier. A good air purifier can help you remove odors and bacteria floating in the air.
This article discusses some of the best air purifiers for bathrooms to help you make an informed choice.
Summary Of Our Selected Best Air Purifiers For Bathrooms
|Air Purifier||Purezone 3-In-1 Air Purifier||HoMedics Tower Air Purifier||Blueair Blue Pure 411 Air Purifier||GermGuardian AC4100 Air Purifier||Bissell MYair Air Purifier|
|Area coverage||200 ft2||170 ft2||161 ft2||78 ft2||100 ft2|
Is It Okay To Put an Air Purifier in the Bathroom?
It is definitely okay to put an air purifier in the bathroom. At times bathrooms become the source of air pollution that affects the whole house. You need an air purifier to minimize these pollutants before they can make their way to other rooms.
Do Air Purifiers Remove Bathroom Smells?
Yes, air purifiers can remove bathroom smells. Most air purifiers are designed with carbon filters. These have been proven to remove gaseous pollutants, which include smells. Therefore, with an air purifier bathroom smells can be controlled.
Why Does My Bathroom Smell So Bad?
There are various reasons why bathrooms smell. This could be a result of a clogged sink. When the sink is blocked, bacteria start feeding on waste and release unpleasant smells.
Another reason could be mold. Usually, bathrooms are moist and warm. This makes them humid, favoring the growth of molds. As they grow they generate a very distinct odor in the bathroom.
How Can I Make My Bathroom Smell Good All the Time?
- Clean the bathroom regularly
You need to ensure your bathroom is cleaned at least every day. As you are cleaning, use VOC-free products such as vinegar. Also, if the sink is clogged ensure you remove all the materials that are stacked inside. This will make your room smell better.
- Use Febreze
Febreze can be used to remove smells from the bathroom and leave a fragranced odor. Febreze comes in different forms such as candle, spray, and rim block. You can choose any that suits your preferences.
- Spray Deodorizers
You can spray deodorizers in your bathroom and make it smell fresh. These come in different flavors giving you the liberty to choose.
- Use an Air Purifier
An air purifier is the most effective way to remove bathroom odors. Air purifiers are designed with carbon filters that neutralize odors.
5 Best Air Purifiers For Bathrooms
If you are struggling with poor air quality in your bathroom, you can consider installing a Purezone air purifier.
Purezone true HEPA air purifier is equipped with a 3-level filtration system with optional UV-C light. This filtration system allows the air purifier to cleanse the air in any bathroom.
This air purifier is lightweight and designed with a handle. Indeed, this allows you to easily move the air purifier around.
The air purifier has a coverage area capacity of up to 200 square feet. This is good for large bathrooms.
Purezone has an easy touch control panel. You can use it to adjust the fan speed to either low, medium, or high settings.
The air purifier comes with a filter reset indicator. This alerts you when it is time to replace the filter. On average, Purezone pre-installed filters last for six months.
Why the Purezone 3-In-1 Air Purifier Is Good For the Bathroom
- Reduce Odors
For those with large bathrooms, Purezone true HEPA purifiers can help you remove odors. The activated carbon filter embedded in this air purifier can remove bathroom-related smells. Moreover, if you are fond of using cleaning products that emit VOCs, the carbon filter can remove them from the air.
- Fights Germs
Bathrooms tend to be an ideal place for germ growth. This may be attributed to the ever-wet shower heads, toilets, and clogged sewer systems. As you flash your toilet germs can be released into the air through tiny water droplets. So, the UV-C light in the Purezone air purifiers helps trap and kill 99.9% of floating germs.
- Good Area Coverage
This air purifier can help cleanse the air in bathrooms of up to 200 square feet. This is good for large bathrooms such as master bathrooms. The air purifier can ensure the air in this space is clean and free of odors.
- Designed with a handle. This means it can hang on the wall
- Filter reset indicator
- Removes allergens
- Energy efficient
- Auto timer
- Emit small amounts of ozone when you turn on ionizer
You can make your bathroom smell better with HoMedics TotalClean Tower Air Purifier. This is a 5-in-1 air purifier. It is designed with a pre-filter, HEPA filter, carbon odor filter, ionizer and ultraviolet-C (UV-C) Light.
- Pre-filter. This traps large particles suspended in the air such as pet hair.
- HEPA filter. This removes 99.97% of airborne particles of 0.3 microns and more. These may include smoke, pollen, dust, and dander.
- Activated Carbon filter. This removes common household smells and VOCs.
- UV-C light. This kills germs that are suspended in the air.
- Ionizer. This releases negatively or positively charged ions into the air. When they meet pollutants they make them heavy and force them to fall to the ground.
This air purifier has a coverage capacity of up to 170 square feet. Certainly, this makes it good for large bathrooms such as full and primary bathrooms.
HoMedics comes with adjustable settings. You can time the air purifier with a convenient 2, 4, 8, or 12-hour timer. You can also adjust the fan speed to low, medium or high.
HoMedics air purifier can act as an essential oil diffuser. You can add a few drops of aromatherapy and fill your bathroom with a relaxing fragrance.
Why The Homedics Totalclean Tower Air Purifier Is Good For Bathrooms
- Removes bathroom smell
If your bathroom is filled with odors and VOCs, a HomeMedics air purifier can help you reduce them. HoMedics TotalClean Tower Air Purifier is designed with an activated carbon filter that is responsible for removing odors. It can also remove VOCs released by cleaning products. This can make your bathroom air quality good and fresh.
- Kills Germ
HoMedics TotalClean Tower Air Purifier can help you deal with germs in your bathroom. The UV-C light technology traps and kills up to 99.9% of bacteria, and mold. Studies show that as we flash the toilet tiny water droplets are released into the air.
These droplets may contain bacteria and contaminate the air quality of your bathroom. So, with the HoMedics air purifier, you will reduce bacteria and molds in your bathroom.
- Area Coverage
HoMedics TotalClean Tower Air Purifier can purify bathrooms of up to 170 square feet. This coverage is good for hotel and home bathrooms.
- Essential oil diffuser
- Portable enough to be moved to other rooms
- Easy to clean filters
- Filters are replaced annually
- No air quality sensor
Blueair Blue Pure 411 air purifier is also good for bathrooms. This air purifier filters the indoor air at a rate of 4.8 times per hour.
Blue Pure 411 is effective for large bathrooms of up to 161 square feet.
It comes with a 3-level filtration system. This filtration system is made up of pre-filter, which acts as the first layer of protection capturing large particles like pet hair. The activated carbon filter removes household odors. Lastly, a true HEPA filter which captures dust, dander, and pollen.
You do not need to struggle with the air purifier to adjust the settings. This unit has only one button that controls everything. You just have to press the button and the air purifier will work as expected.
Blue pure 411 comes with a built-in warning system. When it is time to change the filters, the warning system will light red.
Why The Blueair Blue Pure 411 Air Purifier Is Good For Bathrooms
- Eliminates Odors
Blue pure 411 has an activated carbon filter. This allows the air purifier to filter out bathroom odors and other gaseous pollutants. Ultimately, your bathroom will maintain its air freshness.
- Removes Dust
If your bathroom gets so dusty perhaps due to dirty or faulty HVAC filters, Blue pure 411 can help you out. This air purifier has a HEPA filter, which clears out dust and other pollutants of 0.3 microns in diameter. Therefore, your bathroom air will be safe for allergic and asthma people.
- Area Coverage
As discussed above, the air purifier is good for large bathrooms of up to 161 square feet. This means the air purifier is good for medium-size full bathrooms and three-quarter bathrooms.
- Filter replacement indicator
- Easy control panel
- Washable pre-filter
- Energy efficient
- No UV-C light
- No timer
Another entrant to our list of best air purifier for bathroom is the GermGuardian AC4100 air purifier.
It is a 4-in-1 air purifier. This means it comes with a pre-filter, HEPA filter, Carbon filter, and UV-C light.
The air purifier can cover rooms of up to 78 square feet. This is good for both small and medium size bathrooms.
This tabletop air purifier is easy to operate. You can conveniently adjust the fan speed settings which include low, medium, and high.
GermGuardian AC4100 air purifier is small in size. It only measures 7.5Lx 6.5 Wx 11 H. This means it can be placed anywhere in the bathroom or mounted on the wall.
Why The GermGuardian AC4100 Air Purifier Is Good for Bathrooms
- Reduce Odors
If your bathroom is smelly, GermGuardian can help you improve the air quality. The air purifier is equipped with an activated carbon filter. This allows the air purifier to reduce common bathroom odors caused by clogged sinks and VOCs.
- Reduce Microorganisms in Bathrooms
The UV-C light in this air purifier removes bacteria, and mold spores from the bathroom air. The air purifier draws the air towards its filters and then passes it through UV-C light. This kills the germs and releases pure air that is safe for breathing.
- It Can Effectively Purify Small and Medium Sized Bathrooms
GermGuardian AC4100 air purifier has a coverage capacity of 78 square feet. This means it can purify small and medium size bathrooms. These may include three-quarter, half, and quarter bathrooms.
- Small size
- Traps allergens
- Easy to operate
- Energy efficient
- Generates white noise
- No filter change indicator
Wrapping up our list of best air purifier for bathroom is the Bissell MYAir Personal Air Purifier. This air purifier comes with a three-level filtration. These include pre-filter, activated carbon, and HEPA filters.
Bissell MYAir Personal Air Purifier is recommended for rooms of up to 100 square feet. This area coverage is good for medium-sized bathrooms.
This air purifier comes with a 3600 filtration. This allows it to pull contaminated air from all directions.
Additionally, this air purifier is easy to maintain. When the filters wear out, the filter change indicator illuminates to notify you.
Why The BISSELL Myair Personal Air Purifier Is Good For Bathrooms
- Reduce Bathroom Odors
If your bathroom has molds or is stuffy, BISSELL MYAir Personal Air Purifier can help you remove odors resulting from them. This air purifier uses an activated carbon filter that removes odors, VOCs, and other gases. So, this will help improve your bathroom’s air quality.
- Area Coverage
BISSELL MYAir Personal Air Purifier has a coverage capacity of 100 square feet. This is good for medium size full bathrooms, and three-quarter bathrooms.
- Remove Dust
In case your bathroom is dusty, Bissell personal air purifier can still help you deal with it. The true HEPA filter in this air purifier can remove up to 99.97% of the dust. This will make the bathroom safe for allergic and asthma people as allergens are reduced.
- Easy control panel
- Filter change indicator
- Small size, which means it can be placed anywhere in the bathroom
- Generates white noise
- No UV-C light, which means it does not work on microorganisms
We have highlighted what makes an air purifier good for bathrooms. Most bathrooms are characterized by odors, bacteria, and sometimes dust. In this case, an air purifier with the ability to remove these air pollutants is good for bathrooms. In general, all the above air purifiers can purify your bathroom air as expected.
- 5 Best Air Purifiers with Permanent Filters
- 5 Best Air Purifier With A Humidifier
- 5 Best Air Purifiers For Resin Printing
- 5 Best Air Purifiers for Eczema
- 5 Best Air Purifier With Fan Combo
- 5 Best Air Purifier For Lung Disease
- 5 Best Air Purifiers for Pot Smokers
- Best Air Purifier for Construction Dust. Our Top 5 picks
- Best Air Purifier For Guinea Pigs
- Best Air Purifier under $200
- Best Air Purifier For Smoke Under $100
- Best Air Purifier for Wood Smoke. Our Top 5 Picks
- Best Air Purifier for Hotel Room
- Best Air Purifier for Office Desk
- Best Air Purifier for Basement
- 5 best air purifier for farts
- 5 Best Air Purifiers with White Noise
- 5 Best air purifiers for gym.
- Best air purifier for open floor plan. (Top 5)
- Best Air Purifier for Dorm Room
- Best air purifier for kitchen smells
- Best Air Purifier for Nail Salon
- Levoit vital 100 vs lv-pur131. Which levoit should you pick?
- Coway Airmega 300 vs 400. Which Airmega is better?
- Levoit core 300 vs P350. Which levoit core is better?
- Best air purifier for traffic pollution. Our guide to clean air
- Best air purifier for vocs and formaldehyde
- Best air purifier for bird owners. A Complete Guide
- Best Air Purifier For Litter Box Smell. (5 Top picks)
- Blueair 121 vs 211+. Which blueair stands out?
- Best air purifier for mold and mildew
- The best whole house air purifier. Our top 5 picks
- Best air purifier for baby room. (The Top 5)
- Winix 6300-2 vs 5500-2. A guide to which is better
- Levoit Vista 200 vs Lv-h132. What should you consider ?
- Winix C555 vs 5500-2. Which to choose and why?
- Coway ap-1512hh vs Winix 5500-2.
- Winix hr900 vs 5500-2. A Complete Comparison
- Dyson dp01 vs dp04. Which Is Better for You?
- GermGuardian ac4825 vs ac4300.
- Dyson Tp01 vs Tp04. A Complete Comparison
- Levoit core 300 vs lv-h132. Which one is better?
- Levoit core 300 vs vista 200. A Levoit Purifier Review
- Dyson hp02 vs hp04. Which one is better?
- Winix 5500-2 vs 5300-2. Which air purifier is best for you?
- Winix c545 vs c555. Which is the better option?