Naturally, we are all supposed to release gases from our stomach. For health reasons, this is important. Pets also fart and it can hardly go unnoticed. However, a fart smell at times can be strong enough to destroy even the best of moments. If you have endured a fart smell at any moment you know what it means. But the good news is that the musty fart smell can be helped. You can use an air purifier and get rid of the fart smell. While air purifiers are designed to cleanse the air, not all can remove fart odors. In this article, we have gathered some of the 5 best air purifier for farts. These air purifiers will help you get rid of fart smell and any lingering odors.
Summary of our selected 5 best air purifiers for farts
|Air purifier||Levoit Core 300||Winix A231 Tower Air Purifier||MOOKA B-D02L Air Purifier||RENPHO Air Purifier||BISSELL MYair Air Purifier|
|CADR||141 CFM||147 CFM||-||94 CFM||147 CFM|
|Noise level||24-50 dB||25-50 dB||20-45 dB||37-55 dB||30-46 dB|
|Filter replacement indicator||Yes||Yes||yes||Yes||yes|
|Area coverage||219 ft2||2302||230 ft2||103||100 ft2|
Do air purifiers help with farts?
Yes, purifiers can help you with farts. Most air purifiers come with activated carbon filters. These absorb airborne chemicals such as volatile organic compounds (VOCs) that make up farts and odors.
How do you get rid of a fart smell fast?
- Use the shelf odor adsorbent. This is one of the ways of getting rid of fart smell fast. Shelf odor adsorbents are organic and are made out of absorbent materials like volcanic minerals, bamboo charcoal and others. These absorb most gases including fart.
- Use odor eliminating spray. This is also another alternative to removing fart smell fast. This spray contains ozium that can help you with the fart. Ozium is not necessarily an air freshener, but it contains an air cleaning chemical known as glycolized triethylene. This chemical acts as an air sanitizer. It works by decomposing airborne odor-causing particles, thus creating fresh air.
- Use odor extractors. These can also help you clear the lingering fart smells in your air space. These are electric devices with inbuilt fans and activated carbon filters. It works by sacking the lingering fart smell in your room as fast as possible.
- Get an air purifier. You can also get an air purifier for your home or office. This provides an instant solution for fart smells. An air purifier will help you ensure the smell does not linger.
What should I consider when choosing the best air purifier for farts?
- Activated carbon filter. Before choosing an air purifier, you need to consider the factor of activated carbon filter. These help the air purifier to remove odor causing airborne particles such as VOCs and farts.
- Noise level. A loud air purifier at times may become irritating, especially during sleep. Regardless of whether you enjoy white noising running in the background or total silence, you need to check the noise ratings. This can help you get an idea of the kind of the noise the device generates. An average noise level for an air purifier for fart smell should range between 17-55 dB.
- Sleep Mode. You would want to have your air purifier help you with fart smells during the night. However, the light and noise from the air purifier may significantly affect your sleep. Sleep mode works by reducing the sound and light of the air purifier. So, you need to consider the sleep mode feature when choosing an air purifier.
- Energy consumption. Air purifiers can skyrocket your monthly electricity bills. In this case, you need to ensure that the device you choose uses less than 100 watts on the highest setting.
Can a fart be a VOC?
Yes, a fart can be a VOC. Farts contain chemical compositions such as carbon dioxide, methane, oxygen and sulfur. Some of these chemicals can be traced in VOCS. This fact means that a fart is a volatile organic compound (VOC) as well.
Why does my apartment smell like farts?
- Mold and damp. If you have high moisture in the house, this could be mold and damp rotting wood. When rotting, the wood may start producing unpleasant odors that can make you uncomfortable in your house.
- Bacteria build up in your heating system coil. The heating system consistently cycles between heat and cold, especially during spring. This process can lead to condensation on the coils, creating a platform for bacterial growth. A concentration of bacteria can significantly produce a fart-like smell.
- Decomposition. Your house smelling like a fart could be a result of unnoticed rotting foods such as eggs. The kids could have carelessly disposed of such foods they could be decomposing somewhere in the house.
Why does my room smell like farts in the morning?
- Poor ventilation. Usually the body metabolic processes start when we sleep. So, as we sleep, the body removes sweat, dead skin cells and natural oils. Also gases from the stomach will be released. When sweat comes into contact with bacteria they generate unpleasant odors. These may get worse when there is poor ventilation in your house. This is because there is no free airflow which means the smell will remain in your room.
- Poor hygiene. Morning bad smells could be a result of poor hygienic practices. You might be fond of disposing of food leftovers anyhow. Besides, you might be taking long to change your bed sheets. During night the smell from the sheets mix up with metabolic excretes, thus creating a fart-like smell.
How to get rid of farts naturally?
- Minimize High-fiber foods. Most foods that contain high fiber can make you fart more. These foods take a long time to be broken down by the digestive system. This makes them ferment over time. Some foods with high fiber do smell. This means your fart may also smell. Therefore, if you reduce the consumption of these foods, you will minimize the smelly farts.
- Avoid foods you are sensitive to. In most cases, eating foods that you are sensitive to can make you pass out foul odor. Take an example; people with lactose intolerance take a long time to break down carbohydrate lactose. Because it takes some time for this food to be broken down, it starts getting fermented by bacteria in the stomach. This fermentation process produces foul smelling odors. So, when you avoid such food, you will free-up the burden in your stomach. And you will pass out farts with fewer odors.
- Avoid sulfur. In some cases, smelly farts are caused by sulfur in the digestive system. Foods that are rich in sulfur include eggs, cauliflower and meat. You therefore need to consider reducing your consumption of these foods.
Will these air purifiers also work for pet farts?
Yes. Air purifiers deal with most forms of odors. Pet farts are not so strong so an air purifier can effectively remove it.
5 Best Air Purifier for farts
Starting off our list of best air purifier for farts, is the Levoit core 300. You can remove fart smells with Levoit core 300. This device is designed with a 3-stage filtration system. Among these include a pre-filter, true HEPA filter and Activated carbon filter.
- Pre-filter. This helps trap large particles like dust, hair and pet fur. By removing these large particles, it protects the inner filters from being damaged.
- True HEPA filter. This filter is proven for reducing up to 99.97% of small particles of 0.3 microns in size. These may include bacteria and pollen particles.
- Activated carbon filter. This filter mainly deals with odors and smoke. This can help you deal with fart smells.
Core 300 gives you customized options. In addition to the standard air filter, core 300 gives you three more filter options. These include a toxin absorber filter, pet allergy filter and bacteria filter. The toxin absorber filter can help remove gases, chemicals and formaldehyde. Pet allergy filter gives you an amplified granular carbon filter to enhance the adsorption of odors. The bacteria filter is equipped with anti-microbial treatment. This prevents the growth of bacteria and mold spores on the filters.
The unit is also equipped with a user-friendly control panel. This gives you the opportunity to adjust the device according to your preferences. You can select the sleep mode, where the fan speed is at minimum. In this mode the unit generates a noise level of 24 db to avoid interrupting your sleep. Similarly, you can turn off the LCD display as well as set a timer for up to 8 hours of operation.
Why Levoit core 300 Air purifier is good for farts
- Activated carbon filter. Core 300 is designed with activated carbon filters. These are proven for removing some airborne chemicals and odors. This means the fart smells will be removed from your room any time they are detected.
- Area coverage. Core 300 can cover up to 219 square feet. This coverage is good for small and medium sized rooms. Fart along with other odors will be removed from your room regardless of the source of pollution.
- CADR. This is the clean air delivery rate. Core 300 is CADR rated 141. This means it can remove odors from an area space of 219 square feet in a short time. There will be no lingering fart smell.
- Sleep mode. For those who are noise or light sensitive, you do not have to endure the fart odors. Levoit core 300 has a sleep mode feature. This sets the fan speed to minimum (24 db) and turns off the display light. At this moment you will barely notice its operations. During night, fart smells will be removed without interrupting your sleep.
- Energy consumption. Core 300 consumes less than 0.8watts. This means you can run your air purifier all day without a significant impact on the electricity bill.
- Filter indicator
- 100% ozone free
- Multiple filter choices
- Loud on highest setting
This is another air purifier that is good for fart smells and makes it to our list of best air purifier for farts. The unit is equipped with a 4-stage filtration. These are the pre-filter, true HEPA filter, Activated carbon filter and plasmawave air cleaning technology.
- Pre-filter. This acts as the first line of defense, and removes large airborne particles.
- True HEPA filter. This captures 99.97% of airborne allergens such as smoke, dust, pet dander and other small particles of up to 0.3 microns.
- Activated carbon filter. This reduces VOCs and other indoor odors.
- PlasmaWave air cleaning technology. This generates hydroxyls to neutralize bacteria and viruses. This will help you and your family members keep healthy.
The unit is also equipped with a user-friendly control panel. This allows you to adjust the air purifier. The control panel has an auto mode, sleep mode and air quality indicators. The auto mode uses the built-in air quality sensors which helps adjust the fan speed in real-time. The air quality indicator communicates real-time air quality in different colors (blue for good, orange for fair and red for poor. Lastly is the sleep mode operation. This makes the device perform at whisper quiet noise levels to ensure undisturbed sleep.
Why is Winix A231 Tower Air Purifier is good for farts
- Activated carbon filter. Within the levels of filtration embedded in the Winix A231, there is an activated carbon filter. This primarily deals with VOCs and other household odors. This means the device is capable of removing farts within your air.
- PlasmaWave air cleaning technology. This breaks down odors and other airborne pollutants. This makes it good for strong fart smells. You will not have a fart smell lingering for long before it is neutralized.
- Auto mode. Winix 231 air purifier comes with an auto mode feature. This works with air quality sensors to measure and adjust the fan speed. When it detects fart, the fan speed will adjust accordingly to remove it. Then, it will turn itself off when there is nothing detected. You do not have to first smell the fart and switch on the device.
- Sleep mode. This makes the unit operate quietly. You will have your air purifier remove farts released while sleeping. And, you will not have any concern with your sleep or anything you might be doing.
- Auto mode
- 3600 airflow
- Easy to use
- Ozone free
- Energy efficient
- No remote control
- No timer
You can also remove fart smells fast with MOOKA Air Purifier. This air purifier comes with a high efficiency filtration system. This is known as the true HEPA filtration. It includes the pre-filter, true HEPA filter and activated carbon filter. A combination of these can help you remove most odors, allergens, pet hair and smoke.
The air purifier covers an area of up to 430 square feet. This allows you to place it in large rooms such as the office, living room, and bedroom.
The display panel allows you to adjust the device according to your preferences. You can set the operating time of this air purifier using the timer options. Similarly you can adjust the fan speed mode from sleep, low, medium and high. This will help you remove smells as required.
The unit is also equipped with the lock set feature. This helps you avoid error operations resulting from children or pets.
The unit is quiet and energy saving. This is because it uses a new brushless motor. At low fan speed, this motor generates 20 dB noise levels.
Why MOOKA B-D02L Air Purifier is good for farts
- Activated Carbon filter. This will generally help you with most kinds of odors including fart smells. Activated carbon has properties that help it remove odors and VOCs from the air. It uses the bed of charcoal to capture gas molecules. With the Mooka air purifier, fart smells will be worked on with immediate effect.
- Display panel. This gives the option of adjusting your device. When you smell a strong fart odor, you can adjust the fan speed to maximum. This will help you remove the smell as fast as possible.
- Energy efficient. The unit is equipped with a timer feature. This allows you to set the preferred time for which you would like the air purifier to operate. You can choose from 1, 2, 4 and 8 hours. This means during night, you may set it to operate for 2 hours, when you are awake. If you fall asleep during this time, the air purifier will operate until the 2 hours elapse and will then automatically shut off. This will help you save energy.
- Child/pet lock
- Activated carbon
- 3600 air intake
- LED display does not shut off
- Loud on highest setting
Renpho is another good option for getting rid of fart smells. This is also designed with a 3-stage purification. These include pre-filters that trap large particles. Activated carbon filter that removes odors. The true HEPA filter, which captures and reduces small particles of up to 0.3 microns.
The unit is equipped with three fan speeds. You can have this adjusted according to your preferences. You can choose from high, medium and low fan speed. Furthermore, you have the option to put the unit into sleep mode. Here, it will quietly operate at 37 dB. It also comes with a filter replacement indicator. The indicator will start flashing to let you know when to replace the filter. This happens in about 6 months, but it can be less depending on air quality. The filters can be cleaned and replaced.
The unit can purify an indoor space of 103 square feet. This can effectively serve you in your office and bedroom and other small rooms.
Why RENPHO Air Purifier is good for farts
- Activated carbon filter. This filter removes 99.97% of indoor odors. Renpho air purifier will suck out this bad odor immediately it appears.
- Area coverage. Your room air will be purified as soon as fart is detected. Renpho serves better in a room size of 103 square feet. You can keep your pet around you as the fart it releases will be removed. It will also help you with other interior odors such as cooking and smoke.
- Sleep mode. Your air purifier can be set to sleep mode to ensure quiet operation. You will not experience sleepless nights because of a noisy purifier or smelly farts. Sleep mode will help you enjoy your sleep as the air purifier does its job.
- Quiet operation
- Filter replacement indicator
- 100% ozone free
- No auto mode
- Non washable filters
This is also a good option for removing fart smells and our final entry to this list of best air purifier for farts. The unit comes with a 3-in-1 filter. These include a pre-filter, activated carbon and high efficiency filter. This works together to remove up to 99.97% of particles of up to 0.3 microns in size. The activated carbon filter helps capture odors from both human and pet farts as well as other VOCs.
The unit also gives you options to adjust its settings. You can choose your preferred fan speed ranging from low to high and sleep mode fan speed. The sleep fan speed operates at ultra-quiet sound level. High fan speed is good for white noise while sleep fan speed is good for quiet moments. The unit has a night light feature. This can be turned on or off depending on your preferences.
The unit can give you real-time updates regarding filter replacement. The unit gives these alerts on the display panel.
Why BISSELL MYair Air Purifier is good for farts
- Activated carbon component. This is a primary component that enables the air purifier to remove odors. In this regard, Bissell can deal with the fart smells in your room with the help of the activated carbon component.
- Pleasing sound levels. The unit emits a relaxing sound that can soothe you while your air is being purified. For those who enjoy white noise you can get it at high fan speed. Also, those who like a quiet environment can get it with low and sleep speeds.
- Area coverage. The unit can cover an indoor air space of up to 100 square feet. This coverage is good for small rooms such as bedrooms and offices. Within this space, lingering fart smells will be reduced. This will help you go about your day comfortably.
- CADR. Bissell Myair is rated 147. This gives it a decent clean air delivery rate for removing fart odors in small rooms.
- Quiet operations
- Sleep mode
- Night light
- Cannot fully remove strong odors
Hopefully, this article has guided you on how to choose the best air purifier for farts. Therefore, regardless of the air purifier you choose from this article, you will be able to remove fart smells fast. Most air purifiers with good activated carbon filters can free your air of any foul odors.
- 5 Best Air Purifiers with White Noise
- 5 Best air purifiers for gym.
- Best air purifier for open floor plan. (Top 5)
- Best Air Purifier for Dorm Room
- Best air purifier for kitchen smells
- Best Air Purifier for Nail Salon
- Levoit vital 100 vs lv-pur131. Which levoit should you pick?
- Coway Airmega 300 vs 400. Which Airmega is better?
- Levoit core 300 vs P350. Which levoit core is better?
- Best air purifier for traffic pollution. Our guide to clean air
- Best air purifier for vocs and formaldehyde
- Best air purifier for bird owners. A Complete Guide
- Best Air Purifier For Litter Box Smell. (5 Top picks)
- Blueair 121 vs 211+. Which blueair stands out?
- Best air purifier for mold and mildew
- The best whole house air purifier. Our top 5 picks
- Best air purifier for baby room. (The Top 5)
- Winix 6300-2 vs 5500-2. A guide to which is better
- Levoit Vista 200 vs Lv-h132. What should you consider ?
- Winix C555 vs 5500-2. Which to choose and why?
- Coway ap-1512hh vs Winix 5500-2.
- Winix hr900 vs 5500-2. A Complete Comparison
- Dyson dp01 vs dp04. Which Is Better for You?
- GermGuardian ac4825 vs ac4300.
- Dyson Tp01 vs Tp04. A Complete Comparison
- Levoit core 300 vs lv-h132. Which one is better?
- Levoit core 300 vs vista 200. A Levoit Purifier Review
- Dyson hp02 vs hp04. Which one is better?
- Winix 5500-2 vs 5300-2. Which air purifier is best for you?
- Winix c545 vs c555. Which is the better option?