For many of us cooking is part of our lives, and we have made the kitchen our friends. Indeed, a clean smelling kitchen is what everyone would like. However, everything can be ruined by the lingering cooking odors. For a moment, it may be pleasant as it reminds you of the food. But if it persists, it becomes irritating and nauseous leading to loss of appetite. Such conditions may not only affect you but your neighbors as well. Hence,why you might be looking for the best air purifier for kitchen smells.
Many people do like having home cooked meals and would like to avoid this situation. It is always a challenge since the smell can mix with other food odors. And this can quickly spoil the cooking experience. The good news is that if you are facing this problem an air purifier for cooking odors can help. In this article, we take you through the importance of having an air purifier in your kitchen. We also guide you on some of the best kitchen smell purifiers that can work for you.
Summary of the best air purifier for kitchen smells
If you are in a hurry, we bring you our summary of selected best air purifiers for kitchen odors. These air purifiers can help you get rid of lingering smells in your kitchen.
|Air Purifier||Hathaspace HSP001||Medify MA-25 Air Purifier||Coway AP-1512HH Mighty Air Purifier||Winix 5500-2 Air Purifier||Levoit Core 300|
|Coverage||700 ft2||500 ft2||361 ft2||360 ft2||219 ft2|
|Noise||21-43dB||35-52 dB||24 – 53.8 dB||27-60 dB||23-50 dB|
Do air purifiers remove kitchen smoke?
The answer is yes. Air purifiers use both a HEPA filter and activated carbon to fight out kitchen smoke.
HEPA filters are designed to ensure that your air is of standard quality. They are able to capture multiple small particles. For instance, the true HEPA filters are designed to ensure they eliminate 99.97 percent of particles of up to 0.3 microns in size. Cooking smoke ranges from 3 to 0.02 microns, making it easy to be trapped by HEPA filters. However, it is important to have an air purifier on as your cooking to effectively remove the smoke before it spreads out.
The Carbon filter is another way air purifiers remove kitchen smoke odor. To be activated, carbon is exposed to high temperatures, making it become porous. A pellet of activated carbon can cover a large internal surface area. When smoke passes through the activated carbon, they are adsorbed into a porous surface and it is out of your air.
What to consider when choosing an air purifier for cooking odors?
Choosing a suitable air purifier for kitchen smell may not be an easy task, but you need not worry anymore. This article gives you a guide on how to go about it.
Before purchasing any air purifier, especially if you are looking for the best air purifier for kitchen smells, you need to consider these factors.
Air purifiers vary in terms of filtration levels. By understanding these you are sailing towards the eradication of odors in your kitchen. Filtration levels vary and they can range from 3 up to even 5. However, most standard air purifiers have three and these include;
Pre-filters: these are responsible for removing large particles such pet hair prior to the next stage of filtration
True HEPA (High Efficiency Particulate Air): This cleans allergens like animal skin, dust, pollen, and dander. Also, it can remove 99.9 percent of particles suspended in the air as small as 0.3 microns.
Activated Carbon filters: these help in trapping and removing odors and gases by neutralizing chemicals, fumes, smoke and food smell. However, you need to replace these filters after a specified period to ensure continuous quality air.
The size of your kitchen says a lot when it comes to which air purifier you are to use. A bigger kitchen will need an air purifier with extended area coverage to have your air purified.
For multitaskers in the kitchen you want to be aware of the different sounds. For instance, you would want to hear the oven beep when food is ready. With a loud air purifier, you might not be able to hear the oven beeping. This means your food might over cook and get burnt.
In this regard, you may need to take caution of the noise levels of the device you want to install. The standard noise level of an average air purifier is 36 dB which is equivalent to a nearby whisper.
Although there are several manual air purifiers, an air purifier with an auto mode feature may give you an advanced level of efficiency. Some air purifiers come with an auto mode feature that detects the air quality using the smart sensors. These sensors detect air pollutants and adjust the fan speed to restore quality air. Certainly, this will save you from unnecessary movements of switching on or off the air purifier while doing your cooking.
Will air purifiers help with cooking smells?
Yes, but you will have to consider which type of air purifier to use. Not all of them are capable of removing cooking smells. We suggest you follow our factors on how to choose the best air purifier for kitchen smells and cooking odors.
Best air purifier for kitchen smells. (Our top picks)
First on the list of best air purifier for kitchen smells is the Hathaspace HSP001. Hathaspace HSP001 is a complete device built to address the air quality needs in your home. The device contains filtration media that you can expect from any high-quality air purifier.
It comes with a true- HEPA filter that captures 99.7 percent of particles of up to 0.3 microns in size. It also comes with a cellular-activated carbon filter that can help you with odor eradication.
Furthermore, it has an antimicrobial filter and a VOC- eliminating pre-filter. This would play a role in cleansing your air by removing airborne bacteria and preventing your food from going bad.
Why the HSP001 is good for kitchen smells
- Usually people use different heat sources to cook food, including gas. This can release carbon monoxide in the kitchen. However, with HSP001, this is not an issue to worry about. The unit comes with an activated carbon filter, which absorbs smoke, carbon monoxide and gases ensuring your kitchen remains kitchen free.
- It has a cold catalyst filter which targets large dust particles, mold, pet dander, and chemicals. This means you can safely cook with your pet in the kitchen without worrying of having dander in the food. Additionally, you can fry your food, while the air purifier is taking care of chemicals being released in the air.
- It has a fourth filter called an ionizer. This ionizer releases negatively charged ions that neutralize odors and prevent them from crossing to other rooms or to the neighbors.
- The last filter is the true HEPA, which removes 99.97 percent of airborne contaminants as small as 0.3 microns. This means regardless of the chemicals and gases released during cooking, you can be sure of quality air
- Eliminates odor and smoke
- Speedy controls
- Has auto mode
- Quiet operation
- Replaceable filters
- No filter reset
MA-25 contains good technology making it perfect for your kitchen. It removes up to 99.9 percent of toxins such as odors, smoke, pollen, and pet dander.
The unit uses a HEPA H13 filter that comes as part of the three layers of filtration. The most relevant filter is the carbon composite which deals with odors.
It has a three-setting fan speed. At the lowest speed, the sound level will be at around 35 dB. This means that the device is not only good for kitchen smells, but it can be used in the bedroom too.
The unit covers 550 ft2, which makes it ideal for both home and restaurant kitchens.
Why you need the MA-25 Air Purifier for kitchen smells
- MA-25 Air Purifier has a three-stage filtration system. This means that it can capture all kinds of odors and other chemicals you cannot see in your kitchen.
- The H13 true HEPA filter can remove about 99.9 percent of particles like gases, pollen and others that are down to 0.1 microns in size. This means any smell partciles that come with these pollutants will be filtered out.
- Also, MA-25 has a CADR of 230, meaning it can clean up to 500 ft2 in 30 minutes. Therefore, this means that even if you fry fish or milk pours in the fire, the smell will not linger for long.
- Dual air intake (front and side air outlet)
- Glass control feature
- Can capture 99.9 percent of up to 0.1 microns of particles
- Energy star certified.
- No smart sensor
AP-1512 is designed with a small size but can do a perfect job for you. This can be installed in any kitchen whether commercial or home-based. The coway Ap-1512HH comes in third, on our list of best air purifier for kitchen smells and cooking odors.
It is designed with a four-stage filtration system that captures 99.97 percent of particles in the air including bacteria, smoke and smells. In addition, working along with the filtration process, the bipolar device produces an electrochemical reaction that minimizes the particles in the air.
AP-1512HH has an air quality indicator within sensing technology. This will help start your purifier when needed, and when there is nothing detected it will stop automatically to save energy.
Furthermore, the sensor technology on the device continuously monitors the air quality, and the current status is indicated by different colors. And when there is a need to change the filter, the change indicator will light up, ensuring clean air at all times.
Why you need the Coway AP-1512HH Mighty Air Purifier for kitchen smells
- Coway AP-1512HH Mighty Air Purifier has a 4-stage filtration system that combines a pre-filter, odorization filter, true HEPA filter, and bipolar. All these can eliminate pollutants and airborne odors in your kitchen.
- AP-1512HH can effectively filter the air in a room size of up to 361 square feet. So, even if you have a commercial kitchen it will still serve the purpose
- AP-1512HH also comes with a vital Ion system as part of the filtration process. This generates electrochemical reactions that remove airborne particles in the air. So why frying your chicken, the chemical and gas particles will never sneak into the neighbors’ homes.
- It has an air quality indicator and auto mode that continuously monitors your kitchen air quality. If any air particles are detected the fan speed is adjusted accordingly to ensure the air remains odor free. So, your cooking will not be interrupted with the constant need to adjust the air purifier.
- Auto and eco mode
- Real-time air quality monitor
- Filter reset indicator
- Only one carbon filter
Winix 5500-2 comes with carbon filter technology and remote controllers. Its filtration system goes up to 4 stages. These stages include fine mesh pre-filter, granular activated carbon filter, true HEPA filter, and plasma wave. All these perform different roles to ensure the air quality is of required standard.
The device is equipped with improved features such as a remote control. With this feature you can enable the auto mode, select the fan speed, and turn the device off or on.
The in-built air quality sensors help detect the air pollutants and adjust the fan speed accordingly.
Why you need Winix 5500-2 Air Purifier for kitchen smells
- The 5500-2 purifier has two smart sensors that help detect and capture various odorous contaminants in the air.
- The device also has an air quality indicator. Based on the existing air quality, the lead light changes its color. When it lights red, the air quality is poor, orange for fair, and aqua for good.
- The plasmaWave air cleaning technology contains the odor reducing carbon filter, which is designed to absorb kitchen odors from chemicals, smoke, and also pet odors.
- The device traps bacteria to give you and your people the best air quality. In fact, by capturing bacteria, it helps prevent your food from going bad.
- Four-stage filtration system
- In-built-odor sensor
- Permanent pre-filter
- Easy-to-use control panel
- Quiet operation
- PlasmaWave technology produces slight traces of ozone
- It costs slightly higher than other devices.
Last on our list of best air purifier for kitchen odors is the Levoit Core 300. Core 300 has for long enjoyed a significant market share of the air purifier industry. The device contains the HEPA filtration system that can remove 99.97 percent of odors, mold, bacteria, and pollen.
It also contains an activated carbon filter, which traps smoke and other fumes. Moreover, the pre-filter can capture larger particles in the air.
Core 300 is designed to purify the air five times every hour in a space of 219 ft2
The purifier comes with three different fan speeds, but even at its maximum the noise level is normal.
Why you need the Core 300 for Kitchen smells
- It has a high efficiency activated carbon filter. This helps neutralize fumes, smoke, and kitchen odors such as cooking smells.
- It can operate based on your timing requirements. For example, if you are going to cook for two hours, you can set the core 300 to run for 2 hours. The device allows the user to set timer to run for up to 8 hours.
- Core 300 has a clean air delivery rate (CADR) of 141 cfm for smoke particles. With this device you will get 5 air exchanges every hour in a 219 ft2 kitchen.
- Further, this purifier has a 360-degree air intake and the outlet on top. This would probably give the most efficient air circulation in your kitchen.
- Ozone free
- HEPA filter technology
- Sleep mode
- Quiet operation
- No WiFi control
- No onboard air quality detection
In a nutshell, we all need an air purifier to help us deal with kitchen odors. Air purifiers come with an activated carbon filter that can help track and remove odors such as fried food, leftovers, and other related substances. However, not all air purifiers can help you solve the issue of kitchen odors. You need to consider various factors before deciding. We selected for you some of the best air purifiers for kitchen odors that can do a good job in your kitchen.
What smells most in the kitchen?
When frying at home, almost everyone in the house and at times neighbors can smell this lingering odor. Even after frying it can still linger around for quite a bit.
What are the different types of kitchen smells?
In most cases, we are hesitant to call the plumber to clean up our sewer systems. The resulting challenge is that the sink starts producing bad smells that may take long to be eradicated.
It is normal to get carried away while cooking which leads to food getting burnt. Certainly, you will not enjoy the smell that comes out of it. At times it becomes irritating causing nausea, itching eyes, and sometimes vomiting.
Stinky trash cans
Even though trash cans can be emptied frequently. If you leave them unwashed it leaves a strong smell in the kitchen.
Grease in the drain
If you pour cooking grease down the kitchen sink’s drain, it can solidify in the lower pipe. After that the grease will decompose, the rotting smell may draft out of the sink, making the kitchen smell.
How do you get rid of kitchen smells?
Treat the trash
After emptying the trash, you can clean it using a towel and remove any debris stuck inside. Besides, you can clean it using detergents to ensure any rotting substance is removed.
Clean the sewer system
Whether at a restaurant or home, you need to occasionally clean your sink and remove the clogs. You can do this by using a chemical drain cleaner such as Drano or liquid plumber. You only need to pour the chemical and after a few minutes flash with hot water. Then any sink related smells will be history..
When frying or preparing something with a strong odor, it is wise to have a chefs’ candle right by your side. This candle helps to neutralize odors in the kitchen.
Sometimes the remaining food particles in these appliances can become a problem by harboring strong smells. In this case, it is better to wash them frequently and whisk out any particles. This will help get rid of any rotting substances left in the sides of the appliances that lead to different smells.
How to eliminate cooking odors?
Neutralize them using coffee
Brewed coffee is known for its enthralling smell. If put near your cooking area, it can help neutralize strong smells.
Potatoes are not only healthier for our bodies, but can also play a role in eliminating smells in your kitchen. You can place chopped potatoes mixed with sea salt on top of the pans. It will help you absorb any undesirable odors in the kitchen.
You need to always quickly clean any cooking utensils or smelly items. Clean up the dishes and pans that you have used to cook. This will help remove any smells in the kitchen. Similarly, if your milk pours in the fire, quickly clean the floor, the smell won't linger for long.
Use an air purifier
Air purifiers come with HEPA technology that helps absorb and filter odors in the room. If used you do not have to worry about the smell when cooking. Some air purifiers have an auto mode that helps them detect and remove odors automatically. ⇒ Auto mode not auto settings
How do you stop my neighbors cooking smell into my home?
Use air Purifier
If the smells from neighbors become a daily story, you can invest in an odor removal machine like air purifiers. Air purifiers come with an activated carbon filter to help you remove smells in the air. It cleanses all odors and keeps your air quality good.
You can stop such smells by ventilating your room through opening up windows and doors to allow air to circulate. On top of that you can turn on your fan to keep the air flow. This will help the smell to leave your home in a short time.
Use kitchen ingredients
You can get rid of this smell from neighbors by using things like baking soda, vinegar, and coffee grounds. These can significantly eradicate bad smell entering your house and make it smell better.
- 5 Best Air Purifiers with Permanent Filters
- 5 Best Air Purifier With A Humidifier
- 5 Best Air Purifiers For Resin Printing
- 5 Best Air Purifiers for Eczema
- 5 Best Air Purifier With Fan Combo
- 5 Best Air Purifier For Lung Disease
- 5 Best Air Purifiers for Pot Smokers
- Best Air Purifier for Construction Dust. Our Top 5 picks
- Best Air Purifier For Guinea Pigs
- Best Air Purifier under $200
- Best Air Purifier for Bathroom
- Best Air Purifier For Smoke Under $100
- Best Air Purifier for Wood Smoke. Our Top 5 Picks
- Best Air Purifier for Hotel Room
- Best Air Purifier for Office Desk
- Best Air Purifier for Basement
- 5 best air purifier for farts
- 5 Best Air Purifiers with White Noise
- 5 Best air purifiers for gym.
- Best air purifier for open floor plan. (Top 5)
- Best Air Purifier for Dorm Room
- Best Air Purifier for Nail Salon
- Levoit vital 100 vs lv-pur131. Which levoit should you pick?
- Coway Airmega 300 vs 400. Which Airmega is better?
- Levoit core 300 vs P350. Which levoit core is better?
- Best air purifier for traffic pollution. Our guide to clean air
- Best air purifier for vocs and formaldehyde
- Best air purifier for bird owners. A Complete Guide
- Best Air Purifier For Litter Box Smell. (5 Top picks)
- Blueair 121 vs 211+. Which blueair stands out?
- Best air purifier for mold and mildew
- The best whole house air purifier. Our top 5 picks
- Best air purifier for baby room. (The Top 5)
- Winix 6300-2 vs 5500-2. A guide to which is better
- Levoit Vista 200 vs Lv-h132. What should you consider ?
- Winix C555 vs 5500-2. Which to choose and why?
- Coway ap-1512hh vs Winix 5500-2.
- Winix hr900 vs 5500-2. A Complete Comparison
- Dyson dp01 vs dp04. Which Is Better for You?
- GermGuardian ac4825 vs ac4300.
- Dyson Tp01 vs Tp04. A Complete Comparison
- Levoit core 300 vs lv-h132. Which one is better?
- Levoit core 300 vs vista 200. A Levoit Purifier Review
- Dyson hp02 vs hp04. Which one is better?
- Winix 5500-2 vs 5300-2. Which air purifier is best for you?
- Winix c545 vs c555. Which is the better option?