Snoring has no immediate health effects. But those who have had to sleep with someone who snores, you can tell how irritating it is. You might even be forced to interrupt your partner’s sleep to let them know. Snoring in most cases is triggered by nasal congestion caused by dry air and other irritants. If you have been told that you do snore or your partner does so, it is not the end of the world. A humidifier can significantly help you with this problem. In this article, we have selected the 5 best humidifier for snoring that can help you solve the problem.
Table of our selected (5) best humidifier for snoring
|Humidifier||Everlasting Comfort Cool Mist Humidifier||Crane Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier||Honeywell HWM-705B||AquaOasis Cool Mist Humidifier||MADETEC Humidifier|
|Type of mist||Cool||Cool||Warm||Cool||Cool|
|Tank size||6 liters||4 liters||4 liters||2.2 liters||1 liter|
|Area coverage||500 ft2||500 ft2||250 ft2||-||350 ft2|
|Working duration||50 hours||24 hours||24 hours||24 hours||20 hours|
What causes snoring?
Snoring primarily occurs when there is lack of proper airflow in the mouth or nose. This forces the air to go through obstructed areas such as soft tissues in the mouth, which makes them vibrate. The generated vibration is the snore. This problem is mostly caused by nasal congestion due to allergies, cold, flu and other irritants in the air. It can also be caused by alcohol, excess body fats, allergies and sleeping position. There are also other causes of snoring. These include the mouth anatomy and obstructive sleep apnea (OSA). Mouth anatomy is when you have a thick soft palate that narrows your airway. Obstructive sleep apnea is a condition that happens when the muscles that sustain the soft tissues temporarily relax.
Can a humidifier help you with snoring?
Yes, a humidifier can help you with snoring. Humidifiers can be a great option to get rid of snoring caused by nasal congestion and throat irritants. Dry air can irritate tissues in the nose and throat. This causes inflammation that leads to snoring. More so, dry air can lead to dehydrated airways making the mucus much thicker. This gets the nasal passage blocked, thus making you start snoring. However, you should note that if your snoring is associated with obstructive sleep apnea (OSA), or mouth anatomy a humidifier may not help you. You have to seek medical advice.
Is a warm or cool mist humidifier better for snoring?
All humidifiers are designed to make breathing much easier. There are slight differences between these humidifiers. Warm or cool mist humidifier? It may depend on your health and preferences. Snoring is a result of having difficulties in breathing properly through our airways. In order to know which humidifier is the best for you, you need to know which one makes you breathe better. For those who are comfortable breathing when in a sauna, a warm mist humidifier might be good for you. However, if you have allergies or other respiratory related conditions, you might need a cool-mist humidifier. If necessary, you can also consult your doctor to recommend for you the type that is good for your health.
Can humidity make snoring worse?
Low-humidity may not be a direct cause of snoring, but it plays a significant role towards it happening. Breathing in dry air can seriously irritate the nasal and throat tissues. Consequently, this can worsen the snoring if you have been doing so.
How to stop snoring?
- Change lifestyle. You can stop snoring by changing your lifestyle. If you are overweight, you need to do some exercise and keep your weight under control. This will help you release excess fats that may be blocking the airway. Also, you can treat nasal congestion by avoiding taking alcohol when you are about to sleep. You can also consider changing your sleeping position and avoid sleeping on your back.
- Use oral appliances. These are dental mouthpieces that help position the jaw, tongue and soft palate. These help to keep the air passage open. However, if you choose this option, you need to consult your dentist for effective advice and to optimize the positioning of the appliance.
- Continuous Positive airway pressure (CPAP). This method entails wearing a mask over your nose while you sleep. The mask pushes pressurized air from a bedside pump into your airway. This keeps your airway open while you are sleeping. Despite its effectiveness, some people find it uncomfortable.
- Surgery. At times snoring may result from naturally narrow airways. There are several procedures that can help address the issue of having a narrow airway. You should seek an appointment with a qualified surgeon for more advice on this.
- Use a humidifier. Snoring that results from irritated nasal and throat blockages, a humidifier may help you stop it. Humidifiers work by blowing out moisture into the dry air to make breathing easier. This prevents irritations caused by dry air and stops the mucus from getting much thicker to black the airways.
(5) Best humidifier for snoring
Everlasting comfort features first on our list of best humidifier for snoring. This humidifier can help you with the problem of snoring. It comes with a large tank capacity of 6 liters. This allows the humidifier to effectively add moisture to dry air in a room of up to 500 square feet. With a full tank, the humidifier can generate moisture in your room for up to 50 hours.
The unit also has an auto-shut off feature. Your humidifier will shut off automatically when the water levels in the tank reduce to a critical point. This protects the device from damages.
Everlasting comfort does not use filters. This makes it affordable and cheap to maintain. Moreover, it is designed with ultrasonic technology. This makes it quiet and you can hardly notice that it is functioning. It generates less than 30 dB of noise equating to a nearby whisper. This makes it suitable for both adults and infants that snore.
The manufacturer also added an essential oil tray. This allows you to add fragrant oils into the cool mist, which gives your room a pleasant aroma.
It also has a water indicator on its side. This helps you to monitor the level of water in the tank so that you can refill it when the water levels are low. Like we mentioned earlier, it will automatically shut off when the water gets finished.
Why Everlasting Comfort Cool Mist Humidifier is good for snoring
- Moisturizes dry air. Everlasting comfort works by outputting cool moisture into the dry air. The moisture released in the air hydrates the nose and throat, making the mucus thinner. This facilitates free airflow in the nose and mouth, thus preventing snoring.
- Noise levels. For those who are noise sensitive during sleep, it is pointless to stop yourself from snoring and spend the night awake. Everlasting comfort uses ultrasonic technology. This allows it to work quietly. The unit produces less than 30 dB noise levels. This means you will not only stop yourself from snoring, but also sleep comfortably.
- Large water tank. The unit has a 6 liter water tank. This enables it to operate for up to 50 hours. You will be assured of cool air all through the night. You will not have nasal congestion due to dry air as there are limited chances of the humidifier stopping.
- Auto-shut off
- Good for big rooms
- Adjustable mist output
- Quiet operations
- LED night light
- It is hard to clean the tank
Crane ultrasonic is another humidifier that can give you a solution to snoring. The unit is capable of covering a room size of up to 500 square feet. This helps it to run for up to 24 hours (on minimum setting) before refilling. The unit gives you an option to set the humidity level that makes you comfortable. Crane ultrasonic cool mist humidifier allows you to alter the device’s output settings. Moreover, you can adjust the mist lid up to 3600 to ensure you point the mist to your preferred direction.
Also, as its name states, Crane uses ultrasonic technology. This makes it whisper quiet to favor light sleepers and babies. This unit is made with clean control antimicrobial materials. These minimize the growth of bacteria and mold by 99.96%.
Crane humidifier has a 4 liter water tank with handles. You can easily carry it from the bedroom to the sink for refills. This humidifier can work without filters. However, it comes with an optional demineralization filter. These work for those in areas with lots of minerals in the water.
Crane Ultrasonic has sensors that automatically sense when water in the tank is low and due for a refill. When the water in the tank gets so low, the unit shuts off automatically.
Why Crane Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier is good for snoring
- Moisturizes the air. People who breathe through the mouth while sleeping are likely to snore. This is because the mouth and nose might get dry causing the mucus to become thicker. Crane ultrasonic provides cool mist into the air to soothe the nose and throat from dryness. This helps to minimize nasal blockage and stop snoring.
- Less noise. Crane uses ultrasonic technology that makes it quiet. This will allow you to have a comfortable sleep. In an attempt to stop snoring, you will not be disturbed by noise from this humidifier. Instead, all the people in the room will feel the cool moist air.
- Large tank. The 4 liter capacity tank allows the unit to operate for up to 24 hours before refilling. This means you can moisturize your air for the whole night. During this period when you are sleeping, you will not experience nasal blockages that could lead to snoring.
- Whisper quiet
- Auto shut off
- 3600 rotating lid
- Variable speed setting
- Easy to clean
- Does not emit essential oils
HWM-705B is a warm-mist humidifier that makes it to our list of best humidifier for snoring. This unit ensures the room humidity levels range between 40-60%. This humidifier can be effective during cold and flu periods. HWM-705B is good for small and medium rooms of up to 250 square feet. It also doubles as a diffuser. You can add essential oils to it and make your air pleasantly adorable.
The unit uses warm mist humidification technology to generate warm mist. This will help you prevent nasal blockages. Honeywell HWM-705B comes with 2 moisture output settings. It also carries out filter free operations. This would save you from frequent filter replacement costs.
Honeywell HWM-705B also comes fitted with a refill light. This automatically illuminates to alert you of the need to refill the tank. It also comes with an auto shut-off feature. This would give you a peace of mind when sleeping. The unit will automatically shut off when the water drops to a critical low level. Honeywell HWM-705B will run for up to 24 hours before needing a refill.
Why Honeywell HWM-705B is good for snoring
- Balances humidity levels. Honeywell HWM-705B ensures the indoor relative humidity is between 40-60%. This offers a great relief for those experiencing congestion. It also helps keep the throat and nasal passage hydrated. This provides for proper airflow in the nose and mouth, hence preventing snoring.
- Warm-mist. Snoring commonly poses a serious concern during cold periods. This is because the nasal tissues swell and block or restrict the airflow. So, you might be forced to breathe through the mouth, which causes snoring. Warm-mist helps you to moisturize the nasal passage and throat. This will make the swollen tissues to relax, creating space for smooth airflow. Therefore, snoring will be avoided.
- Large tank. The 4 liter tank helps the unit maintain long hours of service. You can have the humidifier on for the whole night. This means you will not breathe in dry air during the night. For this reason, the chances for nose blockage will be minimal.
- Quiet. On the lowest setting, this humidifier is ultra-quiet. You will enjoy a comfortable sleep without interruption.
- Auto shut off
- Large tank
- Ultra quiet operation on low setting
- No filters required
- Easy settings
- Difficult to clean the tank
If you have been struggling with snoring due to dry air, Aqua Oasis cool mist humidifier can also help you out. It is primarily designed for large rooms such as bedrooms and living rooms. This is an ultrasonic humidifier that can pump moisture throughout the night. The unit operates with silence to allow you to enjoy your sleep.
The humidifier comes with multiple mist settings to allow the user to adjust it accordingly. The 3600 rotating nozzle helps you direct the mist to any direction you want.
This humidifier is designed with a user-friendly control panel. You only need to adjust the knob dial to attain your preferred mist level.
It also comes with an auto shut off feature which you can use to set your preferred hours of operation. The auto shut off feature will turn the humidifier off when the set time elapses. This humidifier does not need filters to operate. This means no filter maintenance expenses.
The unit has a 2.2 liter water tank. This helps keep the humidifier operating for up to 24 hours on low setting before needing a refill.
Why AquaOasis Cool Mist Humidifier is good for snoring
- Cool mist. There is no doubt that dry air leads to congestion in the nose, a dry throat and discomfort while you sleep. All these may ultimately lead to snoring. AquaOasis emits cool mist to the air to make it easy to breathe. The moistened air helps to thin the mucus that causes congestion and relieve the dry throat. This eases the airflow in the nose and mouth, making you not to snore.
- Low noise levels. The humidifier works in silence. At a low setting, you will not hear any whistling or humming noises. You will only receive the soothing cool mist to make your breathing enjoyable and snoring free.
- Rotating Nozzle. AquaOasis has a 3600 rotating nozzle. This means you can rotate it all round for better positioning. You can direct it in the direction of the snoring person. This helps him/her to continuously breathe in the cool mist air. In this regard, there will be no nasal congestion to block the air passage. You will breathe smoothly and make snoring a thing of the past.
- Multiple mist settings. AquaOasis humidifier gives you the option to adjust the mist output. When the air is dry to an extent of affecting your breathing, you can adjust the humidifier accordingly. This will help you set the appropriate mist level that will aid in quickly soothing any irritated nasal membranes in the nose and throat that could lead to snoring.
- Quiet while it operates
- 3600 rotating nozzle
- No filters
- Automatic shut-off
- Large tank
- Difficult to clean inside the tank
Summing up our list of best humidifier for snoring is another cool mist humidifier, the MADETEC humidifier. Madetec comes with three different mist modes. These include low, high and cloud mist mode. This gives you the option to adjust depending on the humidity you want in the room. This humidifier comes with a 1 liter water tank. It can last for 20 hours on a single fill. The unit is good for rooms of up to 350 square feet. More so, it uses ultrasonic technology, which allows it to operate silently.
The unit is equipped with a touch and remote control panel. You can use the sensitive touch control panel to adjust the humidifier. You can also opt for the remote control if you want to change any settings.
This humidifier can automatically shut off. When there is little water remaining in the tank, this device automatically shuts off. When you refill the humidifier , it will resume operation. The rotating nozzle can be directed to any direction. The nozzle cover can also be removed and cleaned.
You can use this humidifier as a diffuser. You only need to add essential oils.
Why the MADETEC Humidifier is good for snoring
- Cool-mist. Madetec produces cool mist to relieve you from breathing challenges caused by dry air. This will help minimize inflammation in the sinuses and relax the mucus that has been formed. This will make breathing much easier, hence preventing snoring.
- Ultrasonic technology. For the light sleepers, Madetec generates less noise that can hardly interrupt your sleep. Your air will be moisturized to prevent nasal blockages that lead to snoring. This will be done without inconveniencing those in the room.
- User friendly control options. Madetec humidifiers give you two alternative control approaches. You can adjust the humidifiers settings using the touchpad or remote. When the humidity levels drop in the night and the humidifier is off. You do not need to move out of bed. You can easily use the remote to adjust the device accordingly.
- Generates 7-color light that can beautify the room
- Two mist mode
- BPA free
- Two control options i.e. touch control panel and remote control
- Tank is hard to clean
In summary, we understand the frustration involved with snoring. We hope the article has given you sufficient options for the best humidifier for snoring that can help you out.
- 5 Best Humidifier For COPD
- 5 Best Humidifiers For Greenhouse
- 5 Best Humidifiers For Electric Heat
- 5 Best Humidifiers For Pregnant Women
- 5 Best Humidifiers For Yoga Studio
- 5 Best Humidifiers For Eczema
- 5 Best Humidifiers For Essential Oils
- 5 Best Humidifiers for Elderly
- 5 Best Humidifiers For Lash Extensions
- 5 Best Humidifiers For Cough
- 5 Best Humidifiers For Fireplace
- 5 Best Humidifiers for Humidor
- 5 Best Humidifiers For Pets
- 5 Best Humidifiers For Weed
- 5 Best Humidifiers For Voice
- Best Humidifier for Dry Eyes
- Best Humidifier for Grow Tent
- Best Humidifier for Sinus Problems
- Best Humidifier for Asthma and Allergies
- 5 best humidifiers for hard water
- Best humidifier for nosebleeds
- (5) Best humidifier for guitar room
- 5 Best Humidifiers for Plants