Dry eyes is a common condition that is characterized by failure to produce a sufficient amount of tears in the eyes. The condition can significantly affect your vision. According to the journal of home healthcare, the problem of dry eyes is commonly caused by low humidity environments, advancing age, and pollution. There are various treatments to relieve the problem. Though, one of the most effective ways to increase humidity is by using humidifiers. Humidifiers work by adding moisture to the air, which consequently reduces the dryness in the air. You might be concerned about which humidifier can help you alleviate this problem. This article provides the necessary information about dry eyes and the humidifiers that can help you out. Do read on and find out our best humidifier for dry eyes.
Summary of the 5 best humidifiers for dry eyes
|Humidifier||Pure Guardian H3200WAR Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier||Carro 4L Top Fill Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier||Crane Adorables Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier||Gocheer 3.5L Cool Mist Humidifier||Mooka 2-in-1 Cool Mist Humidifier Diffuser|
|Area coverage||440 ft2||400 ft2||500 ft2||276 ft2||400 ft2|
|Run time||100 hours||45 hours||24 hours||35 hours||21 hours|
|Tank size||5.6 liters||4 liters||3.8 liters||3.5 liters||2 liters|
|Mist level settings||3||3||3||3||3|
What causes dry eyes?
Dry eyes are caused by various factors but we are going to focus on two i.e. dry air and pollution.
- Pollution. The eyes are vulnerable to air pollutants such as smoke, dust, and other solid particles. These pollutants can get stuck to the tear film. The tear film is the moist layer in your eyes. When the pollutants pile up in the tear film, it will not be able to lubricate the eye. This will thus lead to our eyes drying up.
- Dry air. Low humidity also causes dry eyes. Dry air can make the tears from your eyes evaporate faster. This leaves the eyes dry and with no lubricant.
Do humidifiers help with dry eyes?
Yes, humidifiers can help with dry eyes. People with dry eyes tend to have quick-drying tears. A humidifier works by adding moisture to the dry air. This reduces the evaporation rate of the tears, thus keeping the eyes moist.
What is the ideal humidity for dry eyes?
When using a humidifier, we recommend you ensure the indoor humidity keeps in the range of 30-50%. Humidity levels above 50% favor the growth of dust mites and fungal organisms. These organisms can trigger some allergies that affect the eyes. Furthermore, most fungi species cannot grow unless the relative humidity is above 50%.
Is high humidity bad for dry eyes?
Yes, high humidity can be bad for dry eyes. As discussed above, humidity above 50% favors the growth of allergens. These can trigger allergic reactions that affect the eyes making them dry.
Can low humidity cause dry eyes?
Yes, low humidity can cause dry eyes. Low humidity increases the evaporation rate of tears. This then considerably affects the moisture balance in our eyes. Ultimately, this leads to our eyes drying up.
What type of humidifier is best for dry eyes?
All humidifiers work towards a common goal and that is producing mist. Cool and warm-mist humidifiers serve a similar function but using different processes. Cool mist humidifiers use the vaporization process to add moisture into the air. While warm-mist humidifiers work by heating up the water and releasing the vapor. Any type of humidifier you choose can help you with dry eyes.
However, to fight dry eyes, you need to maintain a favorable amount of moisture in the air. This means you might need to move with the humidifier from room to room. It is because of this background that we recommend a cool-mist humidifier. This is because they pose no risk of accidental hot water spills when being carried around. If you choose a cool-mist humidifier, you need to always use distilled water to avoid releasing a mist that is filled with white dust or mineral deposits.
Qualities of the best humidifier for dry eyes
- Noise levels. The noise generated by the humidifier is a vital quality that you need to consider. This is because you will need to use the humidifier while you are at the office or in the bedroom to prevent your eyes from drying up. So, you need a humidifier that does a good job without interrupting your sleep.
- Size. The size of a humidifier for dry eyes is also a key quality. You would want to use your humidifier both at home and office. This means carrying it around should not be a problem. Besides, you will have better results with the humidifier close to you. Meaning a tabletop humidifier is a more preferable choice.
- Area coverage. When choosing a humidifier for dry eyes, you need to assess its area coverage. The coverage should be enough to humidify an entire room of your choice.
- Run time. You would not like to have a humidifier that runs for a short period of time. You need to choose a humidifier that can operate for at least 20 hours. However, in most cases, the run time depends on the tank size and mist output settings.
- Tank size. You need to watch out for the capacity of the tank when selecting a humidifier for dry eyes. A large capacity water tank can sustain the humidifier for many hours without you having to refill it.
The (5) best humidifier for dry eyes
Pure Guardian H3200WAR can relieve you of dry eyes. The humidifier is designed with a 1.5-gallon (5.6 liters) tank. This enables it to run for up to 100 hours on a low setting. The water tank is silver clean protected. This means the tank can prevent the growth of mold and mildew. Also, it can cover indoor spaces of up to 440 square feet.
The humidifier uses ultrasonic technology, which enables it to disperse mist with less noise. This makes it good for night use. Furthermore, the humidifier comes with a 12-hour timer. This allows you to schedule your humidifier. It also shuts off automatically when the water tank is empty. When the water in the tank gets low, an indicator will illuminate to alert you.
Pure Guardian features a variable 3-speed mist control. You can adjust from low, medium, and high settings depending on the mist output you want. The humidifier also has a rotating nozzle that allows you to control the direction of the mist.
Why the Pure Guardian H3200WAR Humidifier is good for dry eyes
- Area coverage. The humidifier can cover rooms of up to 440 square feet in size. This is suitable for medium size rooms such as offices and bedrooms. It generates mist to ensure the whole room is filled with sufficient humidity. This prevents the eyes from drying up.
- Run time. On a low setting, the humidifier can humidify the whole room for up to 100 hours. This means you do not have to stress yourself with frequent refilling. Because favorable humidity levels would be maintained for a long time. So, your room will not have dry air, thus minimizing the risk of dry eyes.
- Auto shut-off
- Silver clean protection
- Easy to control
- Hard to clean and refill
Carro 4L cool mist humidifier can also disperse moisture into the dry air to alleviate the condition of dry eyes. This humidifier features built-in intelligent sensors. When putting the humidifier in auto humidity mode, these sensors will work to ensure the humidity levels remain between 40-60%. The humidifier can maintain humidity in rooms of up to 400 square feet in size. As its name states, this humidifier holds a 4-liter tank. This allows the humidifier to last for up to 45 hours on a low setting.
Carro 4L humidifier offers convenient control. You can use either the touch control or remote to adjust the device settings. Also, you can program this humidifier with a 1-12 hour timer. This humidifier is designed with ultrasonic technology, which makes it ultra-quiet. The unit generates less than 28 dB noise levels.
The humidifier allows you to adjust the mist output with a 3-level setting. These include large, medium, and low. The humidifier doubles as an essential oil diffuser. When the water level is low, the humidifier will automatically shut off.
Why the Carro Cool Mist Humidifier is good for dry eyes
- Auto humidity mode. This humidifier comes with a built-in humidistat. You can preset the humidity level you would prefer in the room. The humidifier will work towards maintaining this level. When it reaches the preset level, the humidifier will automatically pause until when the humidity drops again. This means the room will remain moist enough to prevent your eyes from drying up.
- Area coverage. Carro 4 L humidifier can cover up to 400 square feet of indoor spaces. This is good for a medium-sized office, sitting room or bedroom. The humidifier will ensure rooms of up to 400 square feet have the required humidity to keep your eyes moist.
- Run time. The humidifier can run for up to 45 hours. This means your room will have sufficient moisture for a long period. You can use the humidifier for the whole night without worrying about it shutting off while sleeping. This means your eyes will not get exposed to dry air throughout the night.
- Mist level settings. You can adjust the mist output of the humidifier. It gives you 3 options (low, medium, and high) from which you can select. This helps you control how much mist is being output. It also helps to maintain the required indoor relative humidity to prevent your eyes from drying up.
- Humidity sensors
- Remote control
- Water indicator
- Essential oil diffuser
- Auto shut off
- Easy to clean
- Loud on high setting
Crane Adorable humidifier is another best humidifier for dry eyes. This ultrasonic cool mist humidifier can mist an indoor space of up to 500 square feet. More so, it features a 3.8-liter water tank. This helps the humidifier work for 24 hours on a low setting.
The humidifier comes with 3 mist output settings. These allow you to adjust the unit and control the rate at which mist is being introduced into the air. The Crane Adorable cool mist humidifier offers a 360-degree adjustable mist lid. This makes it easy to put out mist in any direction of your choice.
The unit has an automatic shut-off feature. This shuts off the humidifier when the tank runs out of water. The Crane Adorable cool mist humidifier is easy to clean. You can remove the water level sensor and the lid and this will allow you to easily clean the whole water tank. The water tank is also designed with clean control anti-microbial material. This reduces the growth rate of mold and bacteria by 99.96%.
Why the Crane Adorables Humidifier is good for dry eyes
- Run time. Crane adorable humidifier can run for up to 24 hours on a low setting. This run time ensures mist is generated in an entire room for a full 24 hours. So, your eyes will not get exposed to dry air. This will ultimately reduce the occurrence of dry eyes.
- Easy to clean. The humidifier comes with an anti-microbial material that minimizes mold growth and bacteria in the water tank. Moreover, this device comes with an optional demineralization filter. The water tank is easy to carry as it has a top handle. All these make the cleaning process easier. This helps avoid releasing contaminants in the air that can trigger allergies. Some allergies, especially mold irritate the eyes making them dry.
- Adjustable mist output settings. Crane adorable cool-mist humidifier ensures the room has sufficient moisture. Whether you want high or moderate humidity, the humidifier can provide it for you. You can effectively control the rate at which it releases mist into the air. This is because it comes with adjustable 3-level mist settings (low, medium, and high).
- Easy to clean
- Large tank
- Anti-microbial feature
- Auto shut off
- Louder on high setting
Another best humidifier for dry eyes is the Gocheer 3.5L Cool Mist Humidifier. The humidifier has a 3.5-liter water tank. This capacity enables it to operate for 35 hours with just one fill up. However, the run time depends on the mist output setting. Higher mist output would translate into a lesser runtime. Gocher humidifier is effective for rooms up to 276 square feet. The humidifier is virtually silent as it produces a noise level of 28 dB.
Gocher humidifier is designed with a 3600 rotating nozzle. You can control the direction of output mist to ensure you get sufficient moisture in any direction.
The unit is equipped with an auto shut-off feature. This automatically shuts off the humidifier when the tank runs out of water. Also, it comes with an aroma diffuser tray. This means the humidifier can act as an aroma diffuser for essential oils.
Why the Gocheer 3.5L Cool Mist Humidifier is good for dry eyes
- Tank capacity. Gocheer humidifier carries a 3.5-liter tank. This is important for dry eyes as it can sustain operations for up to 35 hours. Whether you are at the office or home, your eyes can go for the whole day or night without getting exposed to dry air. This means any dry eye condition will steadily improve until the tear quality is restored.
- Area coverage. The humidifier can cover rooms of up to 276 square feet. This coverage is good for the office, sitting room, and bedroom. Even if you do not place the humidifier next to you, it will generate enough moisture to alleviate any dryness in your eyes.
- 3600 rotating nozzle. When the humidity is too low and the eyes are dry, you can direct the nozzle to your position without moving the device. This means it will direct mist towards you. This will help relieve the eyes and prevent tear evaporation.
- Auto shut off
- Operates quietly
- Does not use filters, meaning no filter replacement costs
- Large tank
- Hard to refill as it requires flipping, this can make the whole place messy
- No humidity sensor
If you are experiencing a recurring condition of having dry eyes, the Mooka humidifier can be a good addition to your arsenal to help you fight the condition. Wrapping up our list of best humidifier for dry eyes, this humidifier can cover rooms of up to 400 square feet in size. Furthermore, it carries a 2-liter water tank. This allows the device to operate for up to 21 hours.
The humidifier comes with a 180-degree rotatable nozzle. This allows you to determine the direction you want the mist to go. Additionally, the humidifier is ultra-quiet and generates less than 28 dB of noise. The unit features an auto shut-off feature. When the water in the tank gets low, the humidifier will automatically shut off.
Mooka 2-in-1 Cool Mist Humidifier has a 3-level mist setting. You can adjust it according to how quickly you want the humidifier to release moisture into the room. Mooka humidifier is compatible with essential oils. You can add essential oils to make your office or bedroom smell great.
Why the Mooka 2-in-1 Cool Mist Humidifier is good for dry eyes
- 3-level mist setting. This allows you to control the mist output. When you sense low humidity and your eyes are becoming dry, you can set the unit too high. The humidifier will put out a lot of mist to make the room moist as fast as possible. This will help you deal with dry eyes. As the humidity increases, you can adjust the unit to a lower setting. This will prevent forming an environment that favors the growth of some allergens that would again lead to dry eyes.
- 1800 rotating nozzle. It always feels better to have a humidifier close to you while you sleep or are at work in the office. With this rotating nozzle, you can direct the mist to point towards you without you having to carry the unit. This will help the eyes receive enough moisture to prevent our eyes from drying out fast.
- Tank capacity. Mooka humidifier comes with a 2-liter water tank. This capacity allows the humidifier to function for 21 hours on a low setting. So, you can take your humidifier to the office and improve your humidity levels the whole day with only one fill up. Your eyes will not be exposed to low humidity that can make them dry.
- Whisper quiet
- Auto shut off
- Essential oil diffuser
- Large area coverage
- No timer
In brief, this article provides details regarding how humidifiers would help you with the issue of dry eyes. You can analyze our list of best humidifier for dry eyes to help you make a good choice. Generally, we hope the information provided above has helped you understand the kind of humidifier that can alleviate dry eyes.
- 5 Best Humidifier For COPD
- 5 Best Humidifiers For Greenhouse
- 5 Best Humidifiers For Electric Heat
- 5 Best Humidifiers For Pregnant Women
- 5 Best Humidifiers For Yoga Studio
- 5 Best Humidifiers For Eczema
- 5 Best Humidifiers For Essential Oils
- 5 Best Humidifiers for Elderly
- 5 Best Humidifiers For Lash Extensions
- 5 Best Humidifiers For Cough
- 5 Best Humidifiers For Fireplace
- 5 Best Humidifiers for Humidor
- 5 Best Humidifiers For Pets
- 5 Best Humidifiers For Weed
- 5 Best Humidifiers For Voice
- Best Humidifier for Grow Tent
- Best Humidifier for Sinus Problems
- Best Humidifier for Asthma and Allergies
- 5 best humidifiers for hard water
- Best humidifier for nosebleeds
- (5) Best humidifier for guitar room
- Best humidifier for snoring. Our top 5 picks
- 5 Best Humidifiers for Plants